The Comments with OpenId plugin allows the user to provide his/her details via all the famous
OpenID service providers (Google, Yandex, LiveJournal etc.) while commenting.
A working example of the plugin can be found on http://unixpin.com
- Download and activate the plugin OpenId ( https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openid/ )
- Download the plugin file
- Extract the archive contents to the wp-content/plugins folder i.e. wp-content/plugins/comments-with-openid
- Login to WordPress Administration Center
- Activate the plugin ( Menu ‘Plugins’->’Comments with OpenId’->Activate )
- In menu ‘Settings’->’Discussion Settings’ enable checkboxes ‘Enable OpenID for comments’ and ‘Do not require name and e-mail for comments left with a verified OpenID’
- Add the following line in wp-content/themes/YOUR_THEME/comments.php between ‘name-email-url’ and ‘comment’ fields:
Or enter your OpenId URL:
For more details, please visit: http://www.unixpin.com/wordpress/2009/11/16/wordpress-plugin-comments-with-openid
- What are the plugin requirements?
This plugin requires OpenID plugin to be installed.
- I have a question/I want to add X OpenID provider?
Contact to me at http://www.unixpin.com/wordpress/2009/11/16/wordpress-plugin-comments-with-openid/
- How to setup not require name and e-mail for comments left with a verified OpenID ?
Login to wordpress as admin
Select checkboxes “Enable OpenID for comments” and “Do not require name and e-mail for comments left with a verified OpenID”
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Comments with OpenId” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Comments with OpenId” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Correct mail.ru OpenId provider
- Add mail.ru OpenId provider
- Correct error with image path
- Add several OpenId provider ( wordpress, yahoo, Technorati, Vidoop, Verisign, AOL )
- First version