Why track outbound clicks?
Improve affiliate link performance
By tracking and recording where and how your visitors click and leave your site, you can optimize your website and pages for increased affiliate revenue.
Demonstrate advertising value
If you have website sponsors or advertisers, the external click data can be invaluable. Your clients might not be sophisticated enough to check their own website analytics, so you can provide them with the data yourself; how well did the ad perform, how many users left your sites for theirs through the ad in question? From that they can develop a Return On Investment number for the cost of your campaign.
See where your site visitors go next
If the bulk of your visitors are leaving your website for a specific destination, maybe there’s room for extra content on your own site. Why send your traffic elsewhere if you can meet your visitors’ needs yourself?
See which pages are driving external traffic
Using the Track The Click plugin you can review which of your website’s posts and pages are sending the most external traffic. These may be potential sources of new affiliate revenue.
Why Track The Click?
Simple. Easy. Quick.
Once you install the plugin you can begin tracking clicks within 60 seconds. You don’t need to subscribe to our site, our newsletter, or any other signup form. Download, install, start.
Made by bloggers for bloggers
We made the plugin because we were also frustrated by the lack of ways of track clicks on our sites. Track The Click is the result of that frustration.
Free and lightweight
The basics of the plugin are 100% free. The plugin is also made with site speed first and foremost in mind. We won’t add 1000s of lines of bloated code to your website.
We’re constantly working to show you as much data around your link click as possible. What time of the day was the click? What page did the click leave on, what was the anchor of that click? We’re always looking to add more and more data.
The basic functions of the plugin are free, these include:
- Unlimited link click tracking
- Local tracking and reporting of clicks
- No limit on storage of link click data
- Real time forwarding of link clicks to Google Analytics for tracking and reporting
- Track outbound link clicks in all areas of your site: header, body, widgets and footer
- Two standard views
The free version comes with two views. Each view represents a different way to see your outbound link profile. The two free views are the link and domain view as follows. The standard free view is the link view. For every outbound click on your WordPress website this shows:
- Link URL
- Anchor text of the link clicked
- Post or page on your website where the link occurred
- Total of link clicks in specified time period
- Log into your WordPress admin
- Click Plugins
- Click Add New
- Search for Track The Click
- Click Install Now under “Track The Click”
- Activate the plugin
योगदानकर्ते आणि विकसक
“Track The Click” हे मुक्त स्रोत सॉफ्टवेअर आहे. पुढील लोक या प्लगइनच्या निर्मितीत योगदान केले आहे.योगदानकर्ते
- Prevent error when money parameter missing from result
- Pro CSV download of reports
- Add data-noptimize to scripts for compatibility with Autoptimize
- Last part of SQL injection vulnerability fix
- Fix SQL injection vulnerability
- Pro Fix updating from EDD
- Pro Move EDD functionality into pro files
- Pro Pro licensing
- Pro Optionally don’t track clicks from admin users
- Pro Optionally don’t track clicks from logged in users
- Check for existence of Pro plugin files before including them
- Click graph design refresh – thanks Pep!
- Allow setting of data retention period, delete data older than setting
- Handle empty date format
- Don’t exclude home URL by default
- Add display of click counts by links to frontend
- Move Google Analytics click listener to DOM-wide
- Include Google Analytics functions if any GA functionality is enabled
- Listen for clicks across the DOM rather than on each individual link
- Set explicit default timestamp for hits
- Pro Tag money links based on patterns
- Pro Viewing of money link data
- Stop JS to do with graph generation from running if not on graph screen
- Pro Money link tagging
- Move graph settings into dropdowns
- Put site address in exclusion instead of hardcoding
- Add by-page data view
- Remove plugin data on uninstallation
- First public version